All About Those Boots

I get a lot of questions about where I get my boots. I've had the same pair of riding boots from Bandolino for a few years. These boots have been everywhere- California, Vegas, Texas- just to name a few. When I purchased them from DSW, I remembered thinking they were a little expensive but I have gotten my wear out of these for sure! 

I have a few pairs of boots now but I don't wear any of them as much as that pair just because they go with everything and are so comfortable. I have two pairs of Bare Traps brand that I also purchased from DSW. They are the same pair-one in black and one in gray. When you find what you like, buy one in every color! 

Here are some basic tips for finding a pair of boots that fit your calves:

1) Start by measuring the largest part of your calf and see how many inches it is.

2) When searching online (I find there is a better selection online usually than in stores), start by typing in "wide calf boots" and look for the measurements in the description so you can see what the shaft circumference of the boot measures. This will allow you to use your measurement to see if they will fit. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to zip or pull up your boot because it is too small! 

3) Look for materials that might have more stretch or "give" to them. Some boots will have a stretchy panel or a quilted look or something that will be more flexible and not as tight on your calf. 

4) Don't be afraid to look everywhere for boots! Even if you are not plus size, I would still check plus size stores for boots because generally they offer more of a selection of wide calf and wide widths. Remember if you look in store, sometimes they don't have the wide calf there but might offer it online. 

5) If you're on a budget like most of us, make sure to sign up for emails to alert you to special deals or sales. Sign up for DSW rewards and get special days when you will get bonus points and always free shipping. There are all kinds of deals to be had- just be patient and wait for a great sale! There will be tons of special promos starting here soon since we are getting into the holiday season. You'll find merchants offering all kinds of deals starting especially the week of Thanksgiving. 

Here are some of my picks that I found for wide calf boots- Bonus! All are under $100 and are available online! 


1) DSW- Bandolino Coppa Wide Calf Riding Boots-$100

2) Avenue- Antalya Tall Boots- $50

3) Lane Bryant- Black Quilted Riding Boots- $90

4) DSW- Unisa Tangled Wide Calf Riding Boots- $70

5) DSW- Bare Traps Sigourney Wide Calf Riding Boots- $70

6) Target- Journee Collection Wide Calf Slouchy Round Toe Boots- $75

Good luck in your boot shopping! Let me know if you find a great new pair! 

Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals