Sunday Style: Strapless and Stripes

Has anyone ever told you that you shouldn't wear something? Like maybe not a certain article of clothing even but maybe a style? Big girls shouldn't wear stripes. Big girls shouldn't wear strapless. Big girls shouldn't wear... The list goes on and on. 

Why shouldn't you wear what you love? Why can't you wear what you want? I'm of the school of thought that it it fits properly, it will look great. Two people could have completely different body types and still wear the same item as long as it fits properly. If it's hanging off your body so loosely, it looks just as bad as if it's too tight. It's the fit that counts. I wish more people realized this! 

I have big arms. I'm still going to wear strapless. You know why? Because I love the way it looks and feels. Get a good strapless bra and you're good to go. 

I'm wide and I have big hips. I also love stripes. Get over it. I'm not tiny but that doesn't stop me from wearing a pattern that I love. 

Don't let people dictate what you should and shouldn't wear. Confidence is the best accessory and it will shine through. If you feel great, you will look great! 

So put those items back in your shopping cart and buy what you love. Wear what you love not what other people love. Love yourself and it will shine through. 

Here's my look for today- I'm enjoying summer as long as I can! 






Dress- Old Navy (old last year)
Shoes- Payless (old last year)
Clutch- Francesca's (old two years)
Bracelets- Lilly and Ivory (online)
Necklace- ? (Off of Groopdealz a couple of years ago)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and take some time to find and then wear what you love! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals