WhatUp Wednesday #37

Hi friends! I am so glad I am able to write today! I have been in bed with bronchitis for the last couple of days but I finally made it out of bed this afternoon and got dressed and made up to pick my son up from his first day of school and do a Target run. I decided to wear this new dress that I got from my friend Tracy- she sells Lularoe and this is a new style called the Dani dress. My sweet friend also included this fun necklace so I thought I would throw it on for an easy afternoon look. (Follow her site here).




This is basically a tank dress- it's a straight column dress but I love the way it hugs my curves in all the right places! I might need to get more in this style!

So this last week was super busy and rainy-probably why I ended up with bronchitis. But seriously, it was super busy with work and getting ready for my son to come back and start school. I didn't do a ton of stuff but I did visit a couple of new restaurants so I thought I would review.

The first place I went for a business lunch was this steakhouse called Y. O. Ranch Steakhouse. My boss loved this place. I will say it was good but I still think left a lot to be desired. I ordered the Grilled Tenderloin Sandwich which was good but I don't know I just didn't love the place. The waiter seemed kind of weird or distracted maybe and there really weren't that many people in the place for lunch. He offered us free banana pudding for dessert but I didn't care for it at all. You guys, it's just my opinion but by all means, try the place out if you want to!



I also went out to dinner on Saturday night with some friends and went to Moxie's in Uptown Dallas.  I loved everything about this restaurant! The ambience was lovely and the food was so good!  I ordered a Blackberry Mint Moscow Mule for a drink and the Chipotle Mango Chicken for dinner which was excellent! We also shared a White Chocolate Brownie which was also delicious. It was a fun night out with friends!





That's it for food. I did do something else fun and that was attend a live radio show. My friend Gerald from Capital One days has an internet radio station called Let's Get It Radio and he and Ms Dutchess do an adult-themed show on Thursday nights. I went over and sat in while they did the show and it was so fun! They play music 24 hours a day and then he is slowly working up his content with additional shows. Give it a listen if you are so inclined to do so!



For shows, I finished the season 6 of Orange is the New Black. I don't know about the ending. I won't spoil it for anyone but it wasn't my favorite. I am curious to see how it all shakes out in the next season. I also started watching The Mindy Project on Hulu. I watched some of it before on regular television but I am liking rewatching the series in its entirety. I sure do get a lot of outfit inspiration from her! 

I also binge watched The Staircase on Netflix over the weekend. It was legit a great show and I am glad I took the time to watch it. I don't know if he is guilty or innocent-only the Lord knows but it was a really great put together show. Now I am starting I Am a Killer on Netflix which is about criminals in prison who tell their stories. Don't judge-I have been sick the last few days and not done much except for relaxing. I really need to get back to the library and check out more books so I am not just sitting watching shows. 

I will recap a few outfits and then that's it for this post! I am loving all things printed for summer right now and it clearly shows in my outfits! 



I did a Get Ready with Me for Dia and Co and this outfit with shorts and kimono and this dress was in my box! I am loving both of these looks!



I am showing off some denim looks for Fashionnova Curve and this is one of them! I love this wrap top and StudMuffin jeans! You can also use my code ONTHERUN for a discount!



I talked about this pretty floral dress from Perfectly Priscilla in Sunday's post but you can shop the dress here as well. Use my code Curvygirl20 for a discount!





I am loving this dress from SheIn and the skirt on the bottom is from SheIn as well! You can shop the dress here and the skirt here. Use my code Curvygirl20 for a discount!


The last look is this one from Eloquii. I don't know why I waited so long to wear this one. I love the skirt and the top and they were both just included in the Warehouse sale that they just had over the last couple of days. I hoped some other lucky ladies snagged this look as well!

I am signing off for tonight! I am tired and in need of some sleep and we've got a fun day at work tomorrow!

Thanks for reading and following along with me!

Sandae

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a fun week. Hope you feel better soon.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals