Round Top Restaurants: Royer’s Round Top Cafe

This past week I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Round Top, Texas! I’ll be writing a few blog articles covering this trip and wanted to start with the first of the restaurants we visited, Royer’s Cafe! Each restaurant (four total) will have its own blog post so you’ll get to see all the pics of food that we got to enjoy. 



My friend Amanda and I ranked the restaurants that we visited and Royer’s was by far number one! It is very unassuming from the exterior and looks like a little cafe with some pretty flowers but not a lot of room on the inside. 

Well they sure proved me wrong with the number of tables they fit into the restaurant. It was tight but we had the best time talking to a couple of locals during our meal who were seated at the table right by us! 

I would have never thought a place like this would have food this good but oh my goodness, when I say this was one of the best steaks I’ve ever had, trust me. I will be sending everyone to this restaurant if you’re in the area! 

Let’s see what we ordered!

Starter- Tiny Cajun’s Fried Green Tomatoes 
Main- Steak Special 
Main- Grilled Center Cut Pork Chop 
Main- Angus Pasta 
Side- Jalapeño Cheesy Grits 
Side- Mashed Potato Casserole 
Dessert- Sweet N Salty Pie 
Dessert- Lemon Blueberry Pie 
(They brought the best rolls to the table first with apple butter and garlic salt butter!)

This literally was one of the best meals I’ve ever had and you know I try lots of restaurants! Check out some pics below of the food! 

















I need to also mention that in Henkel Square there is also Royer’s Pie Haven. They sell only their magnificent pies there! It’s equally as cute and always so busy! 

The wine list was also very good and we both ordered a glass to enjoy with our meal. The last picture is us with the owner, JB Royer. 









Reading glasses on each table? Now that’s a perfect touch! 



I can’t say enough good things about the food and company that night. It was perfect as is everything in Round Top. It really is a wonderful place! 

Stay tuned for all of the other posts coming soon! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals