Welcome 2023!

Happy New Year! 



Well this year started with the dreaded Covid for me. I managed to avoid it for three years and it finally got me and it got me good. I’ve spent the whole first week sick in bed but grateful that I’m on the mend and feeling better. 

2022 was quite a year so I thought I’d share some of the highlights with you all from each month! I’m planning to write more in 2023 and not only share on social media! 

January is a pretty coldish and grayish month here in TX. Not super cold but we definitely have our dips in the temps! I typically don’t do as much in January because of this and I take the month to set my intentions for the year. I also don’t do resolutions but this past year I did host a Vision Board party for a few friends and set some goals for myself and for Curvy Girl on the Run. One of them was to try and travel somewhere once a month- or at least try out a new hotel in the area! I enjoy travel and letting everyone know what’s out there to do! January was fun with a visit to a Frisco hotel and lots of fun outfits. Make sure you’re following me over on Instagram because I post a lot of reels there too in addition to pictures! 





February I fulfilled an item on my vision board and that was to get my eyebrows microbladed. I am literally obsessed with them and can’t recommend Brow Revolution enough! Rebecca is fantastic at her craft and I send everyone I know to her! 

I also took a trip to Waco and did all of the Waco things including visiting all things Magnolia- read all about the trip in the blog here







March was fun! I had friends visit me that I haven’t seen in quite a while. We hung out for the weekend in Dallas and had so much fun catching up and doing all of the fun things in Deep Ellum! A hotel stay in Dallas at the Renaissance St Elm was the icing on the cake. 





April I hosted a shopping event at the Sarah Flint store in Dallas and wrote all about how much fun it is to go to downtown Denton! 





May didn’t bring a lot of travel but it did bring a lot of events! Summertime really is the time that everyone hosts everyone and everything. And yes, May is summer here in TX! 





June brought my first visit to Austin and it was spectacular! I had so much fun and stayed busy the entire time I was there! I went and found all of the things for everyone to do while they’re there! 





July brought a trip to Grand Rapids MI and August brought the rest of the trip to the east side of the state. This was definitely a fun road trip and I was able to see all of my friends and family! The end of August was also my first time ever going to Nashville. That was a fun trip too! 











September is my birthday month and the best month! Going into the fall is also another busy time for us as influencers and bloggers. I was especially thrilled this year to work with new partners and brands during this time! While I didn’t travel in September, this was largely due to my next big trip in October! 







October took me to Italy and I found a place where I can’t wait to return. Oh my goodness the fun I had on this trip! 











November brought about one of my greatest achievements and that was winning Outstanding Blogger of the Year award from the Full Figured Industry Awards. We went to NYC for this and I am still so proud of where this blog and social media have gone in nine years! Amazing! 







And then December. December is always a bittersweet month for me. It’s the month my mom passed away and my son leaves and goes up north to his dad’s for the holidays. Each year it gets easier but this year I had a great holiday of my own back in Austin! 








This year has definitely been one for the books and I am so excited to see where 2023 takes us! Cheers to the new year! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! Sorry to hear you got Covid.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals