It's Raleigh Happening!


I'm kind of behind on my blog posts. I've been busy with life and traveling last weekend. A girl needs to catch up on her sleep! I will post outfit posts later but I wanted to recap our spectacular time in Raleigh- you know, before I forget everything! 

If you've been following along with me for a while, you know I love Instagram. It wasn't always that way though. I worked out in California a couple of years ago and noticed that it had some great filters and made my pics look awesome. I was private because I was taking pictures of fun stuff I was doing and some of family and friends. I really didn't want people to follow me because I didn't want to share my private life with the world. Fast forward to now when sometimes I wish life on IG was that easy! When people didn't "block" me out of spite (we all know you're mean anyways so no love lost) and people didn't make rude comments or try to sell you wraps. You might wonder why I stay?! Well, it's for a couple of reasons. First of all, it's a great platform for me to be creative and share outfit ideas and positive affirmations. Secondly, it's for the great relationships and friendships that have been developed. It's for times like this past weekend that I'm glad I stayed. 

So you might be wondering how does one decide to meet people they have only talked to online or via text? Or aren't you afraid that something terrible might happen (read: the movie Taken)? Or why didn't you meet up with people in your own area before flying somewhere? All legit questions. I wasn't nervous to meet people in real life because I feel like I am myself (#nofilter) and I feel like the people I was meeting are also themselves. We are real people who have developed friendships and everyone knows how it is harder to make new friends the older that you get. I also used to travel for work and wouldn't even know what the people looked like that I talked to until I walked in and said "Hi, I'm Sandae". So at least I have pictures to go by! 

I flew in on Saturday to Raleigh and back home on Sunday. It was a quick trip filled with fun and friends. I was picked up at the airport by one friend and taken to the mall (naturally) for lunch and a manicure. Then back to meet up with two other friends. Lots of girl talk and chatting and making memories. Then it was time to get ready to go out for the night. 

Here are my great airport adventure pictures: 



We went to this fantastic Loatian restaurant called Bida Manda where we entered through a heavy curtain and escaped the cold. We waited for a table and had drinks and then enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Then it was on to an 80's-90's club where we enjoyed some dancing and drinks and not so great people watching and smelling- can you say don't dance around and pass gas? Gross! We tapped out after that and then headed back home. 

Of course we had to document that we were all together:



Sunday was the brunch at bu-ku that was magnificent in every way. The food was fantastic (can you say waffles with Nutella syrup?!) but the friends were really the icing on the cake! I was able to meet people that I have followed and that have followed me for a long time as well as make new friends too. I love that women can empower one another and share ideas and there is not jealousy and fighting and cattiness. Such a great start to my year of collaboration and networking! 

Here are some pictures of the group and some others:




People might wonder don't you have any friends at home? You sound like you are lonely or in need of friends so you flew to NC. Let's talk about that. We all have friends- good friends, best friends, friends you can count on, friends you can talk to and cry on. There is something special though about meeting other women who love fashion, IG, blogging, etc. and that you have a lot of things in common with. I love that there is a modern way of meeting people and establishing friendships but I still cherish the friends that I have here as well. 

And of course I took the "I'm a blogger crossing the street" picture for my Sunday Style post:



Bottom line: I would definitely recommend connecting with people if you have the opportunity to do so in a public setting. Everyone jokes that it's like being on a first date and might be a bit awkward at first, but I'll admit that I felt like I knew these girls forever! 

Such a great time and I'm so glad I went! I'm already looking forward to the next time! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae



Comments

  1. So glad that the meanies on IG haven't scared you away! You're a joy to follow :) Jealous of this meet up - looked like a fabulous time!

    www.mostlymidwestern.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an awesome meet up. It also fun to meet up with other blogger and IG people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beyond cool Sandae. I kind of laugh sometimes at myself when I talk about "oh my friend in Nashville" or wherever & it is an IG fashion blogger friend. I agree it is a weird thing posting on IG (I don't get those wrap companies either, what are they thinking?) but the positive outweighs the negative (& creepy comments) like you said. I am so happy you got to meet your IG friends & I hope I will be able to do something like this someday.

    Janeane
    www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals