WhatUp Wednesday #82

Hi friends! It’s been a little bit since I have written but that’s only because I’ve been enjoying life up here in The Mitten! I’ve been working but also been able to catch up with a friend here and there and also been able to soak up some sun and grab some bites. Michigan is slowly returning to somewhat normal but as some of you know, I’m on my way back to Texas this coming week and I’m a little nervous with all of the coronavirus cases that they’ve had. Just be careful when you go out and wash your hands and sanitize and please wear a mask. Wear one that’s effective and breathable and I promise you will be fine! Thanks to those who are already doing this out of respect for others. I look at it like it’s not necessarily for me as much as it may be for someone else. 

So for today’s post I will highlight a few places I’ve been to eat here and there as well as some outfits that I’ve been showing over on Instagram and on my Facebook page! 

I always start though with a fresh look for my WhatUp Wednesday post and today I’m sharing this gorgeous Fashionnova look with you! I love a great color combo like orange and pink so I was naturally drawn to this dress.  I love the exaggerated puffiness at the arms and the straighter silhouette. I think I would prefer a different belt (in my opinion) only because this one should have had a couple of extra notches in it so it didn’t look quite so tight. I paired some sandals that have clear heels (also from Fashionnova) but I actually took them off to take pictures in the flower bed! I will link everything below for you. 













You can shop the dress here 
You can shop the shoes here 

Okay let’s see what else I’ve been up to! We went to Boatwerks in Holland for Fathers Day and enjoyed a yummy lunch. I ordered the Macatawa Sunset Martini, the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Mule Burger with Sweet Potato Fries. Here are some pics of us out and about and the food! 



















My dress is from Kervology and you can shop it here. Use my code SANDAE15 for a discount too! 

Let’s see...I also met up with my friend Terri in Rockford where she lives and we grabbed burgers at Bridge Street Burger Shack. We walked around downtown and then we stumbled upon a new ice cream sandwich place called Underground Cookie Club that was cool too! I got the Dude which is a brownie and coffee ice cream and she got the CoCoNut which is like an Almond Joy. They were delicious and we had a fun time! 






















My dress is from the Lisa Marie Fernandez collab with Target. There are a few pieces left including the dress which you can shop here
My clutch is from Can’t Clutch This
My earrings are from Perennial. You can shop them here
My shoes are older from Just Fab

I went to Fennville and visited a field of poppies and wildflowers that were planted in honor of the owners’ son who died after serving in war. He committed suicide as he just couldn’t handle the PTSD that came with his fight. It’s a sad story but I’m sure he would be happy seeing how much joy this field brings to people. It was probably one of the most beautiful places I’ve been in a while! 







So gorgeous! There were little places where we could stand to take pictures as we did not go into the field. 

You can shop my Universal Standard dress here 

I also went to Tunnel Park in Holland to visit the beach on Lake Michigan. It was a fun time as it was a overcast and windy but nonetheless, I enjoyed it all the same! This bikini is an older one from Forever 21 Plus. I love the pink! 



I met up with my friend Kathy to go to the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. We both love the Japanese Garden there and we mainly just spent some time walking around and catching up. We don’t get to see each other very often either so it’s nice just to get together and talk sometimes! We also both love the farm area so we mainly just visited those two areas. We’ve both been a few times so we didn’t take a lot of pictures. It was funny because I texted her the next day and said I know we were having fun because we forgot to take a picture together! 















My dress is older from Rachel Roy but it’s definitely a favorite! 

I went back to the beach again in Holland, this time through the State Park. This is one of my favorite lighthouses called Big Red. I opted for this view because by the water were so many people and no social distancing going on at all. I wore this fun bikini from Artesands that I love! 







I just love beach days! How about you? 

Last place I visited in Holland was again one of my faves called Anna’s House. We went here this past Sunday to get some breakfast after driving around in my dad’s semi truck. I got the Breakfast Lasagna which has a lot of veggies and turkey sausage and is topped with a bechamel sauce. So good!  











That about covers it from the last few weeks! I’ve had a lot of fun and I’ve got one more little trip to go before I move. 

I’ll post some looks here that you might not have seen from Instagram.



This dress is from Yoins Plus from last year. Sandals are also older from Just Fab



This gorgeous dress was part of the Target collab with LoveShackFancy. I love the eyelet on this dress and the feminine look of it. This dress has already sold out but you can look for other ones here. I found another wildflower field in Holland to take this picture. Shoes are from Cecelia New York and can be found here



This fun tee shirt is from Saturday Morning Pancakes and can be found here. I paired a pair of older denim shorts and my trusty Converse for a cute July 4th look. 





This Fashionnova jumpsuit tho is simply amazing! I dressed it up with heels for this picture but I’m taking it to the lake with me tomorrow and pairing it with flip flops and a drink in my hand. The shoes are old but you can shop the jumpsuit here



This fun SheIn dress is so soft and comfy! It’s casual but can also be dressed up. I paired some flat espadrilles and a hat with it but you could also wear heels with it for a dressier look. 

You can shop the dress here 
You can shop the shoes here 
You can shop the hat here 

I hope your summer has been off to a great start! I’m looking forward to heading back to Dallas and sharing all things Texas with you! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae


Comments

  1. Glad to hear you are having a great summer


    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals