Lorenzo Hotel: Dallas TX

I found one of the best hotels in Dallas recently and I want to share it with all of you! Let’s visit the Lorenzo Hotel! Nestled right where I30 and 35 meet is this beautiful 12 story hotel! I love how close this property is to downtown Dallas and all of the touristy spots in addition to being less than 10 minutes away from other area like Bishop Arts and Trinity Grove. 



I encourage you all to read a lot more about the history of this hotel because it’s super rich and flavorful! This hotel used to be a Ramada Inn back in the day and is famous for being visited by Tina Turner when she left Ike after being beaten up for the last time. 

The hotel sat empty after changing names several times and then doors closed for good in 2009 after being acquired by Hamilton Properties. It’s famous for having a sole occupant caretaker named Thomas Coughlin who lived on the 12th floor alone to deter thieves and homeless invaders. When you visit the hotel and use the elevator, you will see an homage to Thomas in the form of a cast hand holding the room number sign. How cool is that? 



This hotel is really like an art exhibit of sorts. You never know what you’re going to find around the corner! Each nook and cranny of the lobby is beautifully decorated and has so much to see! They also have a boutique where you can purchase the essentials and some fun things! Let’s take a look at some of the cool things in the lobby first! 


















I was greeted like royalty upon entering so bonus points for the staff! I checked into my suite- yes I said suite!- I stayed in the Zen Suite which was just so lovely! The suite is full of beautiful Asian  things and pictures and even has a sand coffee table- look closely and you’ll see my name even! 













Look on the ceiling above your bed and you’ll see this too! 



I loved being close to the interstate but I’m sure some people who aren’t used to the traffic might disagree! I loved watching from above and taking in all the views! You can also see the Ferris wheel at the fairground too! 

Can’t stay in a suite? I’ve got you! They have other rooms available like this one with two queens! 









I took a few pics in the rooms that I’ve been posting over on my Instagram so make sure you’re following me over there for more fun and pics! 



Okay so the pool is one of the main attractions at this hotel! I didn’t realize how cool it was until I spent time there relaxing and enjoying the day! The sun was out and so was the wind that day but I enjoyed hanging out and meeting new friends! The staff was kind enough to give me some stuff to make a couple of drinks so I took that out to the pool since the bar wasn’t open when I was there! 

A big selling point of this hotel is the pool and they sure do know how to work it! On Saturday and Sunday nights they have a DJ spinning the tunes and the bar is open. You can also purchase tickets to the Sip and Swim which gives you access to the pool for the day! I also used this pool for a couple of swim collabs that I did and it made the perfect backdrop for these! They also have three cabanas that you can reserve which are perfect for when the sun is too hot and you want cover. They come with a bed and sofa and chairs and even a Red Bull cooler! 



















Let’s talk about food! Lorenzo Hotel has you covered for that too! We did a late dinner since we shot a lot of content during the day. The ambience was fun and the restaurant called Hamilton’s is open until 10 for dinner. Full disclaimer I wasn’t super hungry so I didn’t order a lot to try! I will say the Cast Iron Mac and Cheese was my favorite! 10/10 you should definitely get it! 

Here’s what I tried: 
Drink- The Don
Drink- Antonson (my fave!)
Starter-Southwestern Caesar Salad 
Starter- Cast Iron Mac and Cheese 
Main- Chicken Fried Steak with Brussel Sprouts 











If you’re like me and can eat tacos all the time, then check out Taco Enzo in the morning for breakfast tacos, pastries and coffee. They are also open on Friday and Saturday nights for dinner! 

Here’s what I tried: Bacon and egg taco, sausage and egg taco, raspberry scone and cream cheese danish. I got a delicious iced white mocha and a Topo Chico cuz why not?! 







I want to show you all a few more pics outside of Taco Enzo and of the hotel art!  Also, Taco Enzo is made up of shipping containers which is one of the coolest parts of this hotel! 























Before you go, let me make sure you also know that the whole 12th floor is an event space! You can rent this out for your corporate events or parties or showers, etc. The views are great from here as well! 













I hope you all have enjoyed the tour of the fabulous Lorenzo Hotel! It’s such a fun place to stay so book it on your next trip to Dallas! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 


Comments

  1. Looks like an amazing place to stay at.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals