WhatUp Wednesday #76

Hi friends! If you’re new here, WhatUp Wednesday posts are the place to come to see what’s going on, where to go, what to do or what to see, you know all that jazz! 

I also try to recap my looks from the previous week that were posted to Instagram and to the Facebook page. I link everything on here as much as I can and you can also find it on my LikeToKnowIt page if you use that. 

Be sure to click on the Bloglovin’ button on the side and you’ll get the newest post straight to your inbox! 

I’ll start by talking about my favorite things I did this past week. I went to the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park to see the butterflies on the first day and The Womb exhibit on the last day. Both were amazing! I’d highly recommend this place if you’ve never been or even if you have! It’s one of my favorite places to go. It’s got things to do indoor and outdoor once the weather warms up. 

The butterfly exhibit is indoors in a humid greenhouse and it’s so spectacular to walk around and see them flying everywhere! Think about your favorite tropical destination with extra beautiful creatures flying everywhere! 

I got a few pictures of the flowers in the greenhouses and the butterflies. Let me tell you there were so many people there! I even went right at the time that it opened and I had to wait in line outside even! I think the butterflies are so popular and rightly so! 

First things first, here’s the dress that I wore to the gardens. I asked a stranger to take pics for me and I’m happy with the results! This fun dress is from Downeast Basics and I’ll link it below even though I think most sizes are sold out now. I actually love this dress for a few reasons. I love how the belt is stripes and the rest of the dress is floral. It’s tiered and it has pockets!

 Enjoy these pics from the greenhouses! 









































You can shop my dress here 

The second reason I went here on Sunday was to see The Womb exhibit by Rebecca Louise Law. This is a dried flower exhibit made up of over 1 million flowers! It’s made up to look like a womb and there is even a heartbeat sound once you walk into it. It was such a beautiful exhibit and I’m so glad I went! 















After the visit to the gardens, I went downtown to Echo Salon for a hairstyling class. This was a fun time to meet with a few other influencers and stylists and practice new hairstyles. This was especially helpful for me as I really don’t know how to do much with hair! 

Here’s a few pics from the day: 

















Next up is all things television! I watched Love Is Blind on Netflix last week and am anxiously awaiting the reunion! It was a fun show based on people falling in love without ever meeting. It was definitely an experiment that was interesting! 

I’m also rewatching Arrested Development and am loving it! It’s such a quirky show but I find it funny! 

I also finished a book this past week called The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai. It’s a fun rom com type of book about a woman who runs an app based dating site and falls in love with a competitor. It’s light reading and I enjoyed every minute of it! 

Let’s get to the lewks! 

I showed off a few pieces that I got from My Sister’s Closet Boutique! I got two tops and a dress and I love all of them! 

This tiered top is short sleeved so I layered it with pieces I already had in my closet- a floral duster and some olive skinny jeans. 



You can shop the top here 

The next item is this beautiful blue floral dress! I wrote all about it in this week’s Sunday Style post. You can read it here. 



You can shop the dress here 

The last item that I received is this fun sweater with leopard trim. I paired it with black jeans and boots to complete the look! 



You can shop the sweater here 

You can use my code ONTHERUN10 for a discount too when you shop at My Sister’s Closet Boutique

That’s it for this week! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 




Comments

  1. The hair style class sound like a lot of fun.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals