I Really Love My…Sailor Skirt


Happy Tuesday!

 I decided that I would start a new blog series called, I Really Love My…, and share different items that I love and showing them worn multiple ways or multiple times.

The first item featured is this navy blue sailor skirt. I love a good high-waisted skirt.  I don’t care what anyone says but I find them to be very slimming with a shirt tucked in.  I think that they are ultra feminine and very retro.  

I purchased this skirt at Banana Republic a few years ago on a whim.  I thought it fit me well but I wasn’t sure if I loved it.  I decided to buy it and try to look at different ways that I would wear it. I will say that this has stood the test of time and has proven to be a favorite item of mine.

I like this one because it is a knit material and has these great double buttons up the front.  I think it accentuates the waist and hips and shows off my curves in a positive way.

I am showing you the skirt worn as a spring/summer option with a beautiful linen paisley tee from JCrew.  I think the tee tucked in and with these bright shoes, also from JCrew, is a great casual and fun look.


 



The second look is how I wore it today since it was a little cooler.  I paired this navy and green striped jacket from Target over top and wore nude heels (Nine West) to work.  I love this look because it is still professional-looking and is super comfortable.

 






I would caution you that when wearing this type of skirt, do not wear a sailor type big collared shirt and appear that you are actually indeed a sailor.  While the look is cute, it may not exactly be right, in my opinion, for a grown woman. I usually like to do a trend on one item and not the whole outfit to avoid looking like I am wearing a costume.

What are some clothing items that you have that have stood the test of time? I am looking for ideas from you, my readers and followers, to contribute in the coming months.  Have an item that you just can’t live without? Email me your story to curvygirlontherun@gmail.com for a chance to be featured in an upcoming post.  

I am looking forward to hearing from all of you and seeing your stories and pictures! 
Sandae

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals