WhatUp Wednesday #19


So no Internet last night left me feeling all kinds of sad since I couldn’t write and share with you all! But good news is it’s up and running and so am I!
It has been pretty quiet here! We are currently going through a bit of a cold snap and it is in the 30’s and 40’s. Good news is it’s only supposed to last another day or two and then back to the 50’s and 60’s.
Here's my outfit from today- don't let anyone tell you that black and navy don't go together because this outfit is proof that it does! And I love shoes with glitter!


Not much to really talk about this week but I did go to a couple of job fairs last week so I thought I would share some insight to help anyone else who might be going through a job loss, a potential job loss or just looking for something different.

  1. You are interviewing the company just as much as they are interviewing you. Do a little research before you get there to determine if it is the kind of company that you would like to work for. Ask questions to the recruiters or the individuals there about things you would like to know more about like the culture or the average length of time someone has worked there.
  2. Keep in mind that there will be lots of people to talk to and that you are only one of the candidates there. Stand out somehow-whether it is your resume, your outfit or your personality- do something that will make them notice you and want to follow up with you.
  3. Ask for specific names of contacts if you can for jobs you are interested in following up on- for instance, there is an account manager job opening-is there someone you can email and let them know you applied for the position online?
  4. Have plenty of copies of your resume. All companies both days that I visited took a copy of my resume. Hilton Hotels stood out to me because they actually scanned in my resume and gave it back to me!
  5. Be ready with your elevator speech. Know what important things you can bring to the table but focus on what you are currently doing (give a brief overview), what you have done in the past (be as general as you can but be ready with specific examples) and what you would like to do in the future for that company.
  6. Be yourself! Let your personality shine through! I said at one booth that I like to work with people and they told me they could tell that just by my personality!

 I have been watching a lot of reruns of The Office on Netflix this past week. The last season (9) is my favorite. I could watch it over and over again!
I got my hair done last week and I love the color and cut! I always know that it will not look the same after I do it but at least my hair stylist did a great job and he even took pics for me!



Here is a recap of some of my outfits that are over on Instagram- if you don’t already follow me there, make sure to look me up @curvygirlontherun.
The first three looks are from a Sunday Style post and all are great holiday looks from Avenue.



Then this dress was this week's Sunday Style and is from Dainty Jewell's.

The rest of these looks are daily outfits.






That's it for this week! I hope the rest of your week is fantastic!
Thanks for reading and following along with me!
Sandae

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals