A LIMITED Engagement

Recently I decided to volunteer with Dress for Sucess. I finally pulled the trigger after thinking about it for a good year. I decided that I am home and not traveling as much and what a great way to give back to the community! I will be posting more on that later. 

Anyways, I emailed and got in touch with one of the fine ladies at Dress for Success and went into their location. I toured the location and met with people there and will be going back soon for my orientation. I was invited to attend a styling event at The Limited in the Somerset Collection. I was so excited to attend and be a part of this event! 

I arrived and we were greeted with sparkling juice and chocolates as well as we were invited to fill out a form for a drawing for a $100 gift card. We were also given a beautiful scarf and a discount coupon. 

Here are some pictures of the scarf:



I love how they even gave the ladies ways to style the scarf! Nice touch! 


We were then invited to browse the store as well as we had a personal stylist to help us pick out some new clothes. Mine was Ashley and she did a great job of asking what my lifestyle was about and selected some great pieces! The goal of the event was to teach us about what is current and some ways to help women style pieces when they come into Dress for Success. 

After trying on clothes, I had the opportunity to network with both people from Dress for Success as well as employees at the store. I think I helped to recruit a couple! Shout out to the store manager, Sheryl, for a great event as well as Kathleen who got me to purchase the green top that she was wearing! 

One of the other great things about companies partnering up is that The Limited has two distinct pieces that when purchased, 30% of the proceeds go to benefit Dress for Success! Here is a picture of this beautiful clutch available now:




There is also a gold bracelet that is for sale in stores and on the website. 

Here are some pictures of the new collection that is available in stores and online right now. I'm crushing on all of the mustard! I'm pretty sure I will be looking to purchase the jacket below in the near future! 









I loved this sweater below and purchased it for my outfit today. I used other pieces that I already had to complete the outfit. The polka dot shirt is from Old Navy and the booties are from Charming Charlie. I also used a leopard clutch from Forever 21 and a statement necklace from Anna's Armoire to creat some additional interest and depth in this outfit. 




This was a fantastic event and was a great way to network and meet new people. I am thankful for this opportunity to attend and look forward to sharing with you all more about Dress for Success! 

Thanks for reading and following along! 

Sandae

Comments

  1. Dress for Success is a great charity! We as women need to ban together to help and encourage others. The Limited has great business wear. Get the mustard blazer too! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals