Head Over Heels


Today I was actually quite happy with the way my outfit turned out. I have literally been looking for this floral cove top from J Crew forever and am glad that I finally found it on a huge sale and used some of a gift card also to purchase it! I like the shape and feel of this top but I was hesitant to purchase it since I bought it on final sale.  I was so glad when I received it that I loved the fit and the look of it! (FYI-I am totally not a risk-taker when it comes to final sale...)

I decided to pair it with a navy pleated skirt (also J Crew) because the look was simple and basic, yet somehow elegant. I wore my pearls and some great bow heels for the daytime look.

Here’s the look dressed up:

 


Let’s keep it real though; I work from home so naturally I do not like sitting around all day wearing heels. I did, however, volunteer today for Dress for Success so thought it would be a good idea to wear something that was more professional than a pair of jeans or shorts.

It’s also been chilly lately so I thought I would wear the outfit a little differently for the rest of the day. I paired this fun seahorse cardigan from Target (last year) with this outfit and put on some sandals for a more casual look. I think this look was more fun and playful and probably was more “me” than the first look.

Here’s the more casual look:

 

 



It’s safe to say that I am head over heels for all of these pieces. I do love the way that both looks came together and I think I will wear this outfit again like this. I have already thought of numerous other ways to wear the top too so I am glad the clearance gods were on my side and allowed me to find it!

Happy Friday Eve! Thanks for reading and following along with me!

Sandae

 

Comments

  1. love the print sweater with the floral top
    i am also a sucker for pleated skirts and even more so when it is navy
    have a great weekend
    Brett

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals