March Book Club

If you know me personally or if you've been keeping up with the blog for the last few months, you know I love to read. I have a tab on my blog called Book Club where I share the book that we are reading for the month. 

The book club, known affectionately by SBC or Sandae's Book Club, was born after reading the book The Happiness Project. I won't tell everything about this book, but I will tell you that it literally changed my life and the way I think and do things. If you haven't read it, you need to. You do not have to be unhappy to read this book either. One of the things I learned from the book though was if you want something, like joining a book club, and it isn't readily available, do it yourself. And that's what I did. I started a book club a year ago and we are going strong. We've had two people join and one person leave and we've made new friends, read new books, and tried new recipes. I feel I have learned a lot from what we've read and I am so glad I started it! 

I've gotten some feedback from people who say they wish they had a book club to join locally or that they wish I would review the books that we are reading. I decided that I would give anyone the opportunity to join our book club virtually if they would like to keep up with us. 

Now I won't be doing a skype or conference call or anything for people who can't join in person, but I will dedicate a post each month to introduce the book we are reading and allow you all to join in with us in reading. I will dedicate another post after the fact to review it and let you all know what our book club thought of the book. I will also include some discussion questions for the book so you can provide your feedback as well. 

We meet on the third Tuesday of every month to discuss the book (or anything else -and let me tell you, the conversation runs wild!) and have dinner and drinks. I love that some people even get into it enough to make a themed dinner or wear an outfit that is like the book. It's just a great night out with friends and is something to look forward to each month. 

This month we are reading Night by Elie Wiesel. It's a very short book so I'm sure everyone will have plenty of time to read it before March 18. 

Here's a picture of the cover:


I hope you will consider joining in and reading with us! 

Sandae

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals