Sunday Style: It’s Sweater (Dress!) Weather

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope that you all have had a lovely and productive day and weekend! Mine has been spent sleeping and relaxing and eating and watching football and Poshmarking and all of the things! 

Today’s look is about the sweater dress. It’s cold here and it’s perfect weather to break out the sweaters and all things warm! I think as a plus size woman, we don’t always think we can wear what smaller women wear- like a sweater dress! I think sometimes we are afraid to put something like this on our bodies. We might show off leg or you might see the curve of my butt or whatever our hang-up might be. I’m here to tell you to go for it! It really doesn’t matter your shape or size - if you look confident in what you wear and you feel good in what you wear, you’ll get the attention of others regardless of what it is. I know I felt a little self-conscious wearing this because people are gonna look! They’re gonna stare but more than likely it’s because they wish they had the confidence to pull off your look! Be mindful of that as well when people talk negatively about you. It might just be that they wish they could do what you’re doing! 

That being said, I got this dress in December from Ashley Stewart . It wasn’t that cold until this last week so I decided to give it a go! I love the neutral look of this cream sweater dress and I added long boots from Just Fab and a hat to compete the look. I can’t link the boots since they are older but I would look at plus size stores who carry wide width and wide calf boots for a pair! 

I love the look of these outdoor shots! I had in my mind what I wanted and my photographer captured it brilliantly. I hope you all find courage to branch out and wear sweater dresses! They are fun and functional and I’d also add tights to this look as well! 






Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

  1. Your rocking this sweater dress. My weekend was busy with work and taking care of my sick daughter. Plus husband.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for beachwear for ladies in USA? Then visit Heer Capries! Here, you will find the beachwear in different patterns on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals