WhatUp Wednesday #77

Hi friends! How are we all doing? Are we all hanging in there? Is everyone staying home and safe? 

I wasn’t sure if I should even write a post tonight. To be honest, at times, anxiety has been high for me during all of this. It helps to not watch or read the news a lot but yet I still want to know what’s going on around me. 

I’ve been out doing Instacart because I can’t teach right now. I’ve seen a lot of stuff. Stuff that doesn’t make sense like all of the older people that I wish would order their groceries or have someone in their family do it for them. That and the people who just walk next to you and crowd you are the ones I don’t understand the most. I’ve literally asked people to back up in the checkout line and pointed to the line on the floor where they should be standing. It’s literally a nightmare to get toilet paper and flour and hand sanitizer which I desperately need to do my job. I digress...

Yesterday was a hard day for me. There was no particular reason but having everyone at home and it being cloudy and having PMS doesn’t help either. I literally stayed in my bed for most of the day watching Netflix and taking a long nap. 

It’s been hard for me to have a sense of normal during this time while there is no school for me or my son. The world has just turned upside down and it’s gone crazy mad! Nothing makes sense but your feelings are valid and you should give yourself a lot of grace. 

So today I got up. I showered and put on a full face of makeup and did my hair and wore bright red lipstick. I put on a fun outfit and I got out there and did some grocery orders and even managed to get my groceries and do a few errands of my own! 

Here’s me today: 



Yep, a full red suit paired with a tee and tennis shoes. I actually got some compliments on this look and I felt super put together which made me feel better! I find that when I make an effort to look nice, I feel much better on the inside. I’ve always said that but in today’s environment, it’s hard to always do it! I’m going to try to be more committed to getting myself together so I feel better each day. 

On Instagram I do a lot of stories. I always say to make sure you tip your delivery people well. You’d be surprised the no- tip and very tiny tip orders that I see out there. I’m more inclined to take an order that pays well than one that doesn’t. We’re out here risking our health and working for you! The least people can do is tip for the service we are providing! 

Now, there hasn’t been a whole lot going on lately. Usually I talk about what I’m watching and doing and where I’m going. This week it’s just really more about surviving. I hope this gets easier but I don’t know that it will. 

I don’t know that sharing outfits and things that I’m wearing or on sale really helps anyone else right now. But it helps me. So if I continue to get dressed and link everything and post, it’s because I want to do it. It helps me retain some sense of normalcy during this messed up time of quarantine and pandemic that we’re currently in. 

I hope you all are trying to thrive during this time and not just survive. And by thriving, I just mean perhaps learning to do something you wouldn’t normally do like cooking or baking or getting organized or reading or whatever you want to do! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

  1. I work at a grocery store and get yelled at least once a day by a customer. Stay safe out there.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals