WhatUp Wednesday #84

Happy Wednesday, friends! We are getting settled into our place in Texas and trying to get used to the heat! It’s going to be in the 100’s for the next few days so we’ll be inside enjoying the air conditioning! 

I did get out twice last week which was a lot for me lol but also nice to see friends and meet some new ones! 

Last week I joined a group called the Dallas Social Influencers which is a nice group of ladies in the DFW area who are all influencers and content creators. I have been following this group for a while on Instagram so I was happy when I was extended a membership this past week! The first activity that I went to was a photo swap exchange which is simply a group of people taking each other’s pictures! You know this was right up my alley! 

We visited the Design District in Dallas where some awesome murals are and we took turns taking pictures of each other! There are also a few photographers if you want to pay to have them do pics for you as well. This was a great way to meet some new people as well as create some great new content! 

Check out my pics below of a couple of the fun murals! I didn’t get a lot of looks done but I do love this place and I’ll definitely be going back! 



















Yes I did know what the murals looked like ahead of me visiting them which allowed me to plan a few outfits. I thought this top and jeans would look cute for the Hay Girl mural but I also liked it by the Tiger King mural! I’ll be showing you more murals and looks in the upcoming weeks! 

You can shop the top here  - there’s also a cute dress in this pattern that you can shop here 
You can shop similar jeans here 
You can shop the sandals here 

This last week I also met up with my friend Sarah who also happens to be my photographer that I use here in DFW. We shot a couple of looks and then had dinner at Mesero in Legacy West in Plano. If you’re in the area, you should definitely check it out for tons of great food and shopping! They also redid their mural area with a back to school theme and we took a few pictures of this fun dress in front of these lockers! 

I got this dress from Target as part of their LoveShackFancy dress collaboration back in June. It was on major clearance so I actually picked up a few of these dresses as you all know I love my dresses! 













Initially we were going to shoot this dress in front of the flower wall that was in Legacy West. We arrived to find these lockers were here instead! I was a bit disappointed until I saw the colors and how well they would make this dress stand out. I was smitten when I saw how they turned out! 

We then went to eat at Mesero and enjoyed a nice drink and dinner filled with laughter and much needed catch-up conversation! 













Here’s some other looks that you might have missed this week: 








These four looks were all in my most recent Sunday Style post featuring all looks from Chic Soul to wear on a staycation! There’s so much stuff in this post so be sure to check it out! 



You can shop this jumpsuit here
You can shop the bag here 
Shoes are older from Target 

I’ve been reading a book called You Should Have Known by Jean Hanff Korelitz and so far it’s pretty good! I am pretty sure I’ve read this book before but I don’t remember all of the details so it’s still a great book! I’m over half way done with it so I looking forward to how it ends! 

On Netflix, I’ve been watching Married at First Sight season nine and boy was it a train wreck! I’ve never seen this show before and I thought it was new but turns out, it was in the ninth season! The whole premise of being matched or having an arranged marriage is so interesting to me! I also watched Indian Matchmaker and it was so interesting as well! 

I caught up on Selling Sunset season three and these ladies are so fun to watch! There’s drama and fashion and high end houses. What’s not to love?! 

I also highly recommend Zac Effron’s documentary called Down to Earth. He travels around the world (pre-Covid of course!) and it is so cool to not only see the other countries but all of the wildlife, the nature and all of the processes of things that people do around the world. This show was amazing and not just because of Zac! 

That’s about it for me this week! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae 

Comments

  1. Glad you are settling in.


    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals