Style Me December: Week Three

Well it's hard to believe that the third week of December has already come and gone but it has. This week continued to be cold and dreary and dumping snow and slush on us. A typical December in Michigan! 

I started the week off with an outfit that I absolutely loved! I bought this Joe Fresh taffeta skirt a while back and decided to pair it with a chambray shirt. Day 15 was Winter Fur and I was super excited to wear this black faux fur vest over this outfit. I wore black tights and booties and finished it off with a belt that I have had for ages. The faux fur trend is one of my faves that is happening now and I lucked out and found this vest online at Kohls! 


Day 16 was Merry Mixing Prints and I think if you follow me on Instagram or regularly read my blog, you know I love mixing patterns! This one wasn't hard and I chose pink as my go-to color for the day. Pink and yellow are favorite bright colors of mine that seem to make me happy! This Old Navy sweater is one I found last year on clearance for about $5. I wore this gingham shirt from Joe Fresh that I also found early this year on clearance. The necklace is from Groopdealz and is one of my favorites! 



Day 17 was Put a Bow on it. I could have worn something with the infamous gold bow belt but I decided instead to wear my favorite navy blue bow sweater from J Crew Factory. I made this look extremely holidayish by pairing it with a plaid from J Crew Factory and some green jeans. I also love love love these green smoking flats with the black bows on them! Thank you, Vera Wang and Kohls for such lovely shoes! 


Day 18 was Buttoned Nutcracker. I have to admit that I don't really have anything that would classify as nutcracker-ish so I went with wearing a buttoned up shirt. I think the whole idea of this styling is just to have fun and have a theme for the day. It makes choosing outfits fun and enjoyable too! I paired a red plaid flannel from Old Navy with this embellished sweatshirt from Kohls. I also wore the beautiful necklace from Very Jane. 


Day 19 was An Icy Blue Winter. I chose a floral shirt from Old Navy, a light cream and blue sweater from Anthropologie and some teal cords. I also chose yellow shoes to wear and a tassel necklace from Purple Peridot via Groopdealz. This outfit is very cozy and also pretty at the same time. I love all of the shades of blues! 


Day 20 was Christmas Jumper. Now I know that people call sweaters jumpers as well but I took the interpretation a little differently and wore a dress as a jumper! I think that I still love this J Crew Factory dress a lot and probably love it as a jumper more than as an actual dress! I wore a bright green blouse under it from Old Navy from a couple of years ago and went with more pattern mixing- a pretty gold polka dot scarf from Target, the tassel necklace and some leopard pumps. I think this was one of my favorite looks from the week! 


Day 21 was Naughty or Nice. Say what you want, but I generally wear clothes that make me look nice...that being said, it was difficult to really find an outfit to match this description. Instead I wore an outfit that I wore a while back but layered the sweater from Loft with a polka dot shirt and wore the tassel necklace (again!). 


Overall this week was really fun! I had a great time shopping in my closet and coming up with looks to match the different days. I love having this guideline to come up with something as it makes choosing looks a little easier and more fun for me. 

Have a great rest of your weekend! The countdown to Christmas is on! 

Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals