Yum! You Brought Eclair Cake!

Tis the season for holiday parties and potlucks! I wanted to share a quick and easy dessert that my family loves as well as anyone who gets to eat it when I bring it!

This recipe is a Kraft Foods recipe and can be found also at kraftfoods.com. I first had a version of this dessert when I was in college. They served it in big pans and gave us a slice for dessert at the Sunday meal after church. Years later my sister in law found it and gave it to me. I just made this for dessert a couple of weeks ago to take to a friend's house and decided I should share the recipe with all of you! 

Graham Cracker Eclair "Cake":

Here are the ingredients that you need:


15 Graham crackers, Broken in half (30 crackers), divided- eyeball it if you need more, you can use more 
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pkg (4 oz serving size) Jello Vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie mix
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed
1 cup chocolate ready to spread frosting

Arrange ten of the graham cracker squares, overlapping slightly, in bottom of 8 inch square baking pan; set aside. ( Notice I used a bigger pan, more graham crackers and more pudding for a larger cake). 


Pour milk into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 mins or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in whipped topping with wire whisk until well blended.

Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham cracker squares in pan. Top with 10 of the graham cracker squares and remaining pudding mixture. Cover with remaining 10 graham squares. 


Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Spread with chocolate frosting just before serving. 


Enjoy! This is such a simple and easy dessert that tastes so good! 


What's your favorite easy dessert to take? 

Thanks for reading and following along! 

Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals