Monday, September 8, 2014

September Pinned It, Spinned It: Week One

I haven't been doing my own style challenges for a couple of months now. I had a lot of fun May through July hosting them but it got to where I wasn't really able to wear what I wanted. I took off a month in August and didn't participate in any challenges at all. It was great coming up with my own ideas and combinations and I didn't struggle at all, although I missed the comradery of others participating in the same challenge as myself. 

When I saw the Pinned It, Spinned It was back from my girls Jamie and Amy (@jro1583 and @aem8168) on Instagram, I decided to join in on this one again. You all have seen my posts about loving Pinterest so I  thought this would be a great way to get back into the challenge game. 

We started on Tuesday since Monday was a holiday. I thought this was actually such an easy outfit to recreate on my own and it was perfect for the first day back to school. 


Wednesday I took liberty and recreated an outfit using more of the silhouette of the outfit and not really the colors. I liked this skirt that I got for Mothers Day with a gift card and actually asked for styling suggestions on Instagram and received about thirty of them! This was the second way I have worn this skirt so far. 


On Thursday, I reversed it and used the colors but not the shapes. I didn't have anything green striped so I went for a green tee, floral pants and purple shoes. Comfortable and stylish! 



The suggestion on Friday was a yellow sweater with a dark bottom and a leopard scarf. I decided to choose a brown and white dress ( see my post called Eva Gets Me) and wear it with  yellow and brown necklace and leopard pumps. Viola! I actually loved my version of this! 


September is off to a great start in the world of style! I like that it's still a little warmer and summer is still hanging on. The end of this week, we are supposed to be high in the 60's. I'm hoping it will warm up a bit after that-  I'm not ready for cold weather yet! 

Thanks for reading and following along with me! 

Sandae

1 comment:

  1. You nails these outfit. Style challenges are fun but it also nice to wear what you want.

    ReplyDelete