WhatUp Wednesday #20


 I haven’t written in the last couple of weeks on Wednesday because I have been busy and this past week not feeling so well. I ended up having to get a breathing treatment for my asthma that keeps flaring up. I know it’s bad if my stepmom says she hasn’t seen a post lately…so here we go!

Over the last couple of weeks, I have eaten at a couple of new restaurants, read a book, went to the movies and have a lot of outfits to catch you all up on!

I am going to start with this look today- I call it “I like big bows and I cannot lie”. If you follow me on Instagram, I shared some pieces with you all last week from SheIn- this sweater was one of them. Sadly the other two pieces ran a little smaller- sizing is sometimes an issue since the pieces all have a variety of fits. I like this sweater because of the back-the front is plain so I didn’t take a picture of it. I really should have worn a necklace but I wasn’t feeling well.

Also, I love SheIn and they love you! They are giving you all a special discount! Don’t forget to use the code “curvygirl20” when you order!!

Now, on to more fun stuff like food. A friend at work had a birthday and chose Kobe Teppan and Sushi in Plano for her birthday luncheon. We did the hibachi lunch and it was so good! Definitely will visit here again! I had the terryaki chicken which came with soup or salad and fried rice and veggies. So delicious and they were so cute for Crystal’s birthday singing to her.




We also went out as a team to Hula Hut which is in Little Elm. This isn’t the first time I’ve been here, but it was the first time to sit out on the patio and in December, no less! We had a fun time for happy hour and just relaxing followed by a fun game of Cards Against Humanity.





The second new restaurant I visited over this past week with a vendor for lunch. It was newly opened in Frisco at the Star and is called The Common Table. It was pouring down rain that day and we had to walk in it to the restaurant-ugh!This restaurant had only been open for a couple of weeks and still appeared to be somewhat under construction.  We had a table for four and the waiter was very attentive refilling our glasses and offering suggestions from the menu. He mentioned the brussels sprouts were the best and I have to say, I really loved them and would totally go back for more!  Also, the pretzel bites with beer cheese sauce were insanely delicious! I shared the chicken and dumplings so they halved them into two dishes and had some of the macaroni and cheese and broccolini. I have to say the portion size of the chicken and dumplings left a lot to be desired and this was also green as you can see in the picture because it was a cilantro gravy. Overall the food and the ambiance was good. I will wait a while to go back and see if there has been any improvement in the construction.







We also went to the premiere for Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle before it opened to the public. This was a lot of fun and the movie was really good! I loved the action adventure and I especially liked that it they changed it up from the original. It was fun that they went into a video game instead of a board game and the characters were really good in their roles. It is rated PG-13 and I would agree with the rating for some crude jokes that may be inappropriate for smaller children.

I also read the book Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Cristie for the first time. I loved this book and it was a fairly quick read. I enjoyed the mystery and I am looking forward to seeing the movie to see how it compares!

My manager had a really fun Christmas party. There were several of us there from work and it was fun to see his house all nicely decorated! He had a butler for the evening who served the food and drinks and took our coats and he made the best drinks! We had cotton candy martinis (Cotton candy-tinis?) and also had Baileys and chocolate milk-oh man that was so smooth! I wore my Elegant collection Lularoe Cassie skirt and had a fabulous time!




I have had lots of fun outfits over the last few weeks. Here are some pics in case if you missed them:













A lot of stuff this week! Thanks for reading and following along with me!
Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals