Sunday Style: Red


Red is described online as the color of fire and blood so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate and raises blood pressure.

Red is a very strong color. If you read the Bible, words in red are spoken by Jesus Christ. Red is also associated with the death of Jesus Christ and other martyrs in Biblical times.

Red is used in modern day to show us who’s in the boss or who’s in charge. Why do you think so many powerful men like the President or CEOs of companies wear red ties? Why is it suggested to wear a red tie to an interview? It signifies that you are strong and powerful and will get the job done. Side note: just because you wear red does not mean you are necessarily powerful or will do a good job. You get my drift…

When I got this dress from Atelier Sorokka, I immediately thought of the dancing lady emoji. I love the style of this dress and really everything about it. I wore it off the shoulder and I ended up having to tie my hair back because it was so windy when I took the pictures! The fit is amazing and it is so comfortable!

I paired this dress with gold heels and a fun clutch. It is a very simple yet elegant look. I love all of the dresses options that Atelier Sorokka has to offer! I talked about this before but each dress is custom made to fit the person who will be wearing it! Make sure to measure properly and you will get a dress on your doorstep that you will absolutely love!

But back to the color red, it doesn't have to be a lot, but I often pair a red accessory or shoe with an outfit just for a pop of color and to add personality to that outfit. I also feel that red does give me confidence and even if it is underneath (lingerie) you will feel great all day!
Check out these pics of this beautiful dress called the Violetta:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Hope you all have had a wonderful weekend! I am currently watching the Grammys and not wanting Monday to get here...
Thanks for reading and following along with me!
Sandae


Comments

  1. Red is such a beautiful color that make any outfit pop.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals