WhatUp Wednesday #21

What Up, friends? Well it's officially the new year! I know a lot of people make resolutions but I really don't like to do that. There's something that really eats at me when I cannot fulfill a promise that I have made-whether it is to myself or not. I have always been that way. Here's an example: I remember being in church and the pastor told us that he wanted everyone to come up to the front of the church who was going to commit to reading the Bible through at least one time that year. I didn't want to go up front because what if something happened and I wasn't able to complete this? Don't get me started on all of the church drama growing up...but it's an example from my teenage years that still holds true to this day.


So, instead of resolutions, I have chosen a goal for myself to do one thing each day that makes me happy. It doesn't have to be much, it can just be something small. It doesn't matter if I repeat it throughout the year or not. This is for me. Do more of what makes you happy. I didn't choose a word like a lot of people, I just decided to opt for this special goal just for me. Each day I am writing down what I have done for the day and it will allow me to show myself some love as well as reflect later on things that make me happy. Don't get me wrong-I still need to eat healthy and exercise more too. I will be working on that throughout the year!




Do you all set resolutions or goals for yourself? I'm curious if this motivates you if you do. Do you find you are able to achieve these goals or if you give up after a little while. I see a lot of people saying they want to eat healthier or work out more, etc. but I am wondering how long this really lasts!


Onwards and upwards! It has been so cold here lately that I haven't done a lot except stay indoors! Lol but really after work and while I was on vacation and off of work, it was a lot of relaxing and Netflix for me! I cannot stop watching The Office and I ain't even mad about it...


I visited a couple of food places I like including Super Chix, Cheesecake Factory and Eatzi's. I rang in the new year feeding my face! But seriously, I really haven't been a lot of places or done a lot over the past week while off! One of the things I did do was go to Ikea and purchase a few more items for my place and put them together! It feels so good to get some more stuff and make my place feel like home!


And then here's a roundup of a few outfits in case you missed them:


 
 
 
 


Don't forget to do more of what makes you happy! Thanks for reading and following along with me!


Sandae









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals