Thursday, July 24, 2014

Head Over Heels


Today I was actually quite happy with the way my outfit turned out. I have literally been looking for this floral cove top from J Crew forever and am glad that I finally found it on a huge sale and used some of a gift card also to purchase it! I like the shape and feel of this top but I was hesitant to purchase it since I bought it on final sale.  I was so glad when I received it that I loved the fit and the look of it! (FYI-I am totally not a risk-taker when it comes to final sale...)

I decided to pair it with a navy pleated skirt (also J Crew) because the look was simple and basic, yet somehow elegant. I wore my pearls and some great bow heels for the daytime look.

Here’s the look dressed up:

 


Let’s keep it real though; I work from home so naturally I do not like sitting around all day wearing heels. I did, however, volunteer today for Dress for Success so thought it would be a good idea to wear something that was more professional than a pair of jeans or shorts.

It’s also been chilly lately so I thought I would wear the outfit a little differently for the rest of the day. I paired this fun seahorse cardigan from Target (last year) with this outfit and put on some sandals for a more casual look. I think this look was more fun and playful and probably was more “me” than the first look.

Here’s the more casual look:

 

 



It’s safe to say that I am head over heels for all of these pieces. I do love the way that both looks came together and I think I will wear this outfit again like this. I have already thought of numerous other ways to wear the top too so I am glad the clearance gods were on my side and allowed me to find it!

Happy Friday Eve! Thanks for reading and following along with me!

Sandae

 

2 comments:

  1. love the print sweater with the floral top
    i am also a sucker for pleated skirts and even more so when it is navy
    have a great weekend
    Brett

    ReplyDelete