Cranberry Maple Slow Cooker Oatmeal

The weather is positively nuts right now! Calling for snow in Florida and no rain in California! Here in Michigan, we are having record low temps and more school cancellations because of the cold weather. As I'm writing this, the actual temperature is -6 degrees with a wind chill of -25 degrees! Brrr! 

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I have an easy recipe for oatmeal that will fill you up and keep you warm. Bonus: set it and forget it! 

I first came into this recipe in a Weight Watchers meeting a few years ago and it has become one that I reach for in times like these. I actually thought I lost this recipe and just found it lately as my husband was asking me to make it! 


Here's a picture of the finished product and how I ate it this morning! 


Let's get down to business! Here's the recipe:

Cranberry Maple Slow Cooker Oatmeal

8 cups water
2 cups steel cut oats (Hodgson Mills is the brand I use) 
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 c maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinammon 
1/2 tsp salt
Slivered almonds( for topping) 

Combine all ingredients except for almonds in crockpot. Cook on low 4-6 hours. Sprinkle with almonds. Serving is 3/4 cup. 

Here are my ingredients:


Here's what it looks like in the pot before the water. 


Add the water and stir it up. Let it cook! 


Here's the oatmeal after cooking. Stir it well! 


If you don't have maple syrup, you can use regular pancake syrup but it will not be as sweet. Add some brown sugar and it will be great! 

Enjoy and stay warm! 

Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals