Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sunday Style: Faux Fur

I'm back to writing my weekly Sunday Style post now that Style Me December is over! 

I recently discovered the faux fur trend and my love for wearing it! I never bothered to try this before but this year I decided to go out of my comfort zone and give it a spin. I was looking for a vest that was light brown but really couldn't find one that I loved. Then I found this leopard print faux fur vest at Banana Republic. I loved this one because it was different and had a pattern and would look good with solids or prints. My husband bought it for me for Christmas and this weather is the perfect time to use it! (While I am writing this article on Sunday, this look was from yesterday when it was actually sunny and not snowing here!)

I paired the vest with a monogram sweater from Old Navy and a plaid from there as well. I also wore my favorite pair of skinny jeans and riding boots. For a little bit more glam, I also added my favorite statement necklace from very Jane. I also am carrying the taupe satchel from Phillip Lim for Target. It was a simple and fun look for me and was perfect for our outing to the movies and dinner with friends! 

Here are some of my favorite pics of this outfit. Enjoy! 










I just can't get enough of this vest! I will be wearing this a lot more, especially with the 2014 closet remix challenge that I am doing! How else would you wear this vest? I have some other ideas planned, but would love to hear yours! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks for reading and following along! 

Sandae

3 comments:

  1. You look absolutely wonderful! Everything is perfect from the layers, the fur vest and the bling. A fur vest was always something on my wishlist, but never found one that I loved. If I had a fur vest I would like to layer it over a dress with some tights and boots. I will live vicariously through your fur vest since I am doing the 2014 closet remix challenge too :) Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I appreciate that! I got the black one back In November with Kohks cash and got this one for Christmas so I'm set. However, I struggled to find one I liked for a long time! When I looked for one, they were usually sold out! I'm liking the idea of dress and tights- I actually have a black wrap dress that I thought would look nice with it or a purple one.

      Delete
  2. You are absolutely stunning in this vest and I love it and you look so happy and ready for the closet remix ;)))) good luck girl and I can't wait to see a ootd with this baby and dress wish me luck on that necklace this my second entry on here for extra credit and I repost necklace pic today as well #curvygirlgiveaway1

    ReplyDelete