California Dreamin'

I was so excited when I was contacted by a Modcloth stylist and asked to participate in a challenge this week! Let me tell you about it first. I had to use this image of a super cute bathing suit named the Fruity Suity One Piece and then build an outfit or an ensemble around it using Wanelo.

Here's a picture of the suit- it's available in Regular and Plus sizes: 



The suit itself is so cute and I think is made in a cut and fit that is flattering on most body types. I think the print is also fun and whimsical and is very retro. I decided to think about where I would wear this ensemble first before I came up with it. 

Now some of you know that I spent a while in California working and living a couple of years ago. I fell in love with the sun, the sand, and the surf. I really loved the beach and especially fell in love with Santa Monica and Venice. I even took a painting class and painted the Santa Monica pier to have something to remember my travels!

Here's a picture of my really great painting...



I imagine myself wearing this ensemble to the Santa Monica Pier and walking along the boardwalk. Maybe I would even partake in some fun and ride the rides or maybe get some food while I'm there too. 

I also think that along with a good suit, you need a good coverup so I chose this black one to match the suit. I also chose flat sandals that would be good for walking as well as looking cute. And everyone needs some cute retro sunnies and a hat. I think I might be the most fabulous one there! 

I also chose this cute bicycle tote because I will need a place for my towel, sunscreen and money. You know- the essentials! It is roomy enough to hold everything and will look cute as I tote it around with me. 

Here are all the pieces that I chose for my ensemble: 


Because I am a curvy girl, I know how hard it is to find a suit that not only fits but also looks good. If you are looking for a cute suit, check out Modcloth . They have such cute options!

Thanks again for letting me play, Modcloth! This was a lot of fun to put together! 

Sandae


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals