WhatUp Wednesday #13


I would first like to say thank you to all of you who read my “This Is Me” post last week. To those that provided feedback, thank you all so much for the kind words of understanding. It helps to know others feel the same way about some or all of the things I wrote about. We are only here on this earth for a little while. We should stand, sit or kneel united on what we can.

Since last week, our nation has had another tragedy with the latest shooting in Las Vegas. This was quite the shocker and surprise as this person didn’t have a history of mental illness and there didn’t seem to be any motive. What a waste of life-kill 50+ people and then as a coward, kill yourself. It just doesn’t make sense to me anymore. It is scary sometimes to even want to go to public places or do things but that is what these terrorists want so we must keep going. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these victims.

Today I got to do something I have always wanted to do- go to the State Fair of Texas! Ever since I saw Oprah go back when she had her own show, I have always wanted to go. Today all of my dreams came true! Well, you know- we had fun anyways! We went with our work and we had these tee shirts made for all of us as well- we are part of the BRO or the Business Risk Office- if you are wondering what that is all about! It was fun to see Big Tex and partake in all of the beer and fair food. I had a Fletcher’s corny dog for the first time and I even tried Fried Butter! We were divided into teams and the goal was to get to all of the landmarks and take team pics. We didn’t have tons of time to explore everything so it would probably be fun to go again.




I wore this fantastic lip color today from Lipsense called Napa. I am loving Lipsense products because they stay on all day and I just put my gloss over top of it for moisture and an all day perfect look. This color I received from Ashley Starry who wants you all to also love Lipsense products! Mention me and get 10% off of your order! (Click on her name for her Instagram link!)

(This is me this morning in my car before I was a hot sweaty mess after going to the fair)!

I have been busy with football and band the past couple of weeks with my son. His middle school band played with the High School band during the halftime of the football game. That was so fun and awesome to watch! His football team is doing great too-they are 2-1! They sure do take their band and football seriously here in Texas! It is quite a production!

I was also out sick with the flu a couple of weeks ago and didn’t write about what I have watched on Netflix so I will now. I was able to watch The OA which was definitely very interesting and held my attention when all I could do was lay in bed. I would recommend that show. I am currently watching Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father which is both funny and interesting and a great way to see other countries.

And we be jammin’- I made my favorite strawberry jam courtesy of The Pioneer Woman and it is amazing! Her instructions are very basic and easy to follow and are divided into Part One and Part Two. I have already handed out a few jars so this is what I have left.

Here is a recap of the outfits I showed over on Instagram this past week or so:









Thanks for reading and following along with me!

Sandae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Tuesday: Sugar’s Inn Galveston

Less Bitter, More Glitter

Chic Soul May New Arrivals